U.S. Green Building Council
As the cement industry moves forward with its commitment to sustainable development, cement company personnel are becoming accredited under the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) system of measuring the environmental integrity of buildings.
A rating system of the U.S. Green Building Council, LEED has emerged as the standard for sustainable development.
LEED was created to:
- Define “green building” by establishing a common standard of measurement
- Promote integrated, whole-building design practices
- Recognize environmental leadership in the building industry
- Stimulate green competition
- Raise consumer awareness of green building benefits
- Transform the building market
For additional information on Sustainability and Green Buildings in Concrete, visit http://www.cement.org/think-harder-concrete-/buildings-structures/sustainability